JJ Food Service Makes the Finals for Three Awards!
JJ makes the Finals for Three Awards!
We are delighted to announce that we have been shortlisted for three Awards!
The first is a Footprint Award in the Economic Sustainability category, which recognises food businesses that have implemented a sustainable policy that has ‘driven commercial success’ (we cited our new solar panels – did you know that solar energy now accounts for 14% of the total energy used by our Enfield branch?).
In the same week, we also found out that we’ve been nominated for two (yes, two!) Grocer Gold Awards in the Technology Supplier of the Year and Wholesaler of the Year categories.
The technology award recognises a business whose innovation in 2015 has ‘most meaningfully’ boosted the sales, profitability and effectiveness of the business (we cited our new ‘machine-learning’ app and website, among other exciting developments).
The wholesaler award goes to the business that has made the most progress over the past year in growing, changing and improving the business. We focused on the 10 achievements below – did you know them all?
We’d like to thank all our staff for their hard work and commitment to help us achieve these prestigious nominations. Fingers crossed we will bring home some more Awards!
10 things JJ has achieved in the past 12 months
- Added £4.9m to sales by increasing fresh meats, fruits and vegetables ranges
- Increased fish sales by 181% by expanding our range and securing a supply chain partnership
- Secured three new locations: Dagenham, Newcastle and Leicester, all due to open this year
- Launched a smart-ordering app which has increased average basket spend
- Developed a new website which has reduced the time taken to place orders by 20%
- Developed a new driver app which has increased productivity by 5%
- Won Microsoft Big Data & Insights Award at the Convergence 2015 EMEA conference
- Became an approved supplier to the NHS under their framework agreement
- Invested £500K in solar panels to help improve our environmental credentials