Congratulations to our FOODit Award WINNERS! 🏆
Restaurant website builder FOODit, a JJ Foodservice company, has announced the winners of its Independent Takeaway Awards 2019.
The Nationwide Awards cover 10 categories including the ‘Most Unique Dish’ and ‘Most Popular Takeaway.’ New this year are the ‘Best Vegan Menu’ and ‘People’s Choice’ categories.
Head of Operations at FOODit, Richard Bradshaw, said: “We want to say a massive well done to our takeaway customers who work tirelessly to serve great-tasting food, market themselves online and maintain the highest levels of service and food hygiene standards.”
Judges were particularly impressed with Hirds Family Fisheries (below) in Leeds who won ‘Most Unique Dish’ for its deep fried chorizo with pesto sauce (below). Meanwhile, voters in Bursledon took to Facebook to vote for Lowford Fish Bar (top) to win the ‘People’s Choice’ Award.
Winners each receive framed certificates, £50 to spend on FOODit marketing, free coffee training with Lavazza Coffee and Gold Winner Stamps to add to their website. All winners have a five-star Food Hygiene Rating and use the FOODit online ordering platform.
And the winners are…
- Most Popular Takeaway – Rawcliffe Pizzeria, Goole
- Best Curry Takeaway – Wuli Wuli, Camberwell
- Most Unique Dish – Hirds Family Fisheries, Halifax (Chorizo fries with pesto mayo)
- Most Highly Recommended Takeaway – The Chip Inn, Whitwell
- Best Pizza Takeaway – Edlington Grill, Doncaster
- Best Vegan Menu – Cedar Lebanese Restaurant, Wimbledon
- Best Seafood Takeaway – Seagull Fish Bar, Birmingham
- Best Noodle Takeaway – New Ruby, Belvedere
- People’s Choice (existing customer) Lowford Fish Bar, Southampton
- People’s Choice (new customer) The Marina Restaurant, Skegness
Winners are judged based on data from December 2017-18. The ‘Most Unique Dish’ is judged by the FOODit Judging panel and the ‘People’s Choice’ Awards are based on surveys conducted in December 2018.
Get your restaurant online with FOODit – contact us for more info.