Help Customers Return to Your Restaurant – Eat Out to Help Out
We are delighted to share a new Government scheme aimed at supporting the hospitality sector.
Eat Out to Help Out is a money-off scheme that will enable restaurants, pubs, and cafes to offer big discounts which can be quickly claimed back.
On top of that, a new 15% VAT reduction could boost business even further. We’ve prepared a few tips on what the scheme means and how to use it.
What is the Eat Out scheme?
The UK-wide scheme will offer:
- Diners 50% off meals on Mondays to Wednesdays from 3-31 August 2020, with a £10 upper limit per head.
- This includes food and non-alcoholic drinks.
- It applies to both adults and children.
- Money can be claimed back from the Government with funds in your bank account within five days.
There is no limit on the amount of times customers can use the deal.
How does the discount work?
- If two people went out and spent £30 on food and soft drinks, they would each be able to take £7.50 per head off the meal.
- This is a £15 discount – equal to 50%.
- If those two people spent £80, only a discount of £10 per head would apply.
- This is a saving of just £20, which is a 25% discount.
You must wait seven days after registering to make your first claim.
Am I eligible to register?
You are eligible to register if you sell food for immediate consumption and provide your own dining area or share a dining area for eat-in meals.
You cannot register if you:
Only offer takeaway food or drink
Cater for private functions
Are a hotel that provides room service only
Offer dining services (such as packaged dinner cruises)
Are a mobile food van or trailer
What happens next?
Once you have registered via the Government website, you’ll receive a reference number, which you will need when you claim the reimbursement.
You’ll be added to a list of registered outlets that will be available to the public.