Smoked Chipotle Chilli – A Tasty Winter Warmer 🌶
A bowl of hot and tasty chilli con carne is a perfect, family-friendly meal and a great way to use up store cupboard ingredients!
Plus, chilli keeps for a few days in the fridge, so you can easily make a bigger batch and put your feet up for a night or two!
Here’s our easy recipe using JJ Frozen Halal Mince (MEA379) – currently on offer from just £4.25 per kg.
What you need (4 portions)
- JJ Frozen Halal Minced Beef (500kg), fully de-frosted
- 1 x tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 x tin of red kidney beans
- 1 x red pepper, de-seeded and diced
- 1 x onion, peeled and diced
- 2 x garlic cloves, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chipotle flakes
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 300ml beef stock (1 cube)
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 2 squares dark chocolate
What to do
- Heat two tablespoons of oil in a pan on a medium heat
- Add the onion and garlic, stir until softened
- Tip in the red pepper, paprika, cumin, chilli, chipotle. Stir for a few more minutes
- Add the mince, breaking it up with the back of a spatula. Stir until browned.
- Squeeze in the puree, then add the stock, marjoram and chocolate
- Cover the pan and reduce the heat, stirring occasionally
- After about 30-40 minutes you should have a thick, juicy sauce.
- Keep tasting it and add more seasoning, or water, if required.
Top tip: Top with freshly chopped coriander and a dollop of sour cream.