Get into the spirit with our Christmas cocktails
Needing some inspiration with festive drinks this Christmas?
Look no further, our ultimate guide to Christmas cocktails will definitely impress your guests, whether you’re entertaining at home or in a restaurant. Add them to your menu and they will be spoilt for choice!
Classic Mulled Wine
Mulled wine and Christmas – it would be wrong to have one without the other. Use a good quality red wine like our Merlot, along with cinnamon, star anise and cloves to create a subtly spiced beverage.
- In a pan, heat the wine on low for 10 minutes
- Remove from the heat and allow to infuse with the spices for 30 minutes
- Once ready to serve, heat the wine again ensuring it does not boil
- Pour into mugs or heatproof glasses and delight your guests
Fancy an alternative to mulled wine? Mulled gin is the answer.
Infused with apple juice and festive spices, this aromatic gin is perfect for the cold weather.
- Divide 100ml of gin between four heatproof glasses
- Add 400ml of apple juice into a saucepan with:
1/2 lemon, sliced
1 bay leaf
2 cardamom pods
1 small cinnamon stick
3 juniper berries
1/2 tsp coriander seeds
1 tsp runny honey
- Heat gently until it starts to simmer, then strain into a serving jug
- Pour into the gin glasses and stir to combine
- Garnish with a bay leaf and half a lemon slice
Kir Royale with Prosecco
This celebratory cocktail is a true classic. We’ve used our premium prosecco for this version, for a fruity glass of bubbles.
- Start off by chilling your flutes until cold
- Add some cassis into the glass (between 1 tbsp – 25ml, depending on how sweet you want it)
- Top up the glass with prosecco
- Garnish with a raspberry or blackberry, and you’re ready to serve
Add a twist on a classic bucks fizz using Aperol. The orange aperitif gives the drink a deep orange colour, and a contrasting bitterness. A citrusy drink perfect with a Christmas meal:
- Add 20ml of Aperol to a flute
- Top up with 20ml of orange juice
- Pour in prosecco to the top of the glass
- Garnish with an orange slice and it’s ready to serve
Winter Pimms Punch
Pimms isn’t just for the summer! Create a fruity winter punch to delight your guests this festive period:
- Fill a large jug with some ice
- Add 500ml of Pimms and 500ml of brandy to the jug
- Pour in 1.5 litres of apple juice
- Put 2 cinnamon sticks, along with a whole sliced apple and orange into the jug
- Stir and leave to infuse for 5 minutes and serve whilst cold
Definitely one that the adults will love, this creamy drink is perfect for an after-dinner tipple.
- Pop some cocktail glasses into the fridge to chill
- In a small jug, combine 50ml of caramel sauce with 1/4 tsp of mixed spice, and 1/4 tsp of ground ginger
- In a cocktail shaker, add 6 ice cubes along with 100ml of double cream
- Pour the caramel mixture into the cocktail shaker
- Add in 50ml of vodka, and 1 tbsp of Baileys liqueur
- Secure the lid and shake well to combine
- Pour into the chilled serving glasses, and garnish with a dollop of whipped cream and drizzle some more caramel sauce
- Crush up some gingerbread biscuits and sprinkle over the top, and serve to your guests
You can shop some of the products we’ve used in our Festive Drinks section here.