Vegan and Veggie Festive Feast
With a continued surge in veganism and those who consciously cut out meat from their diets, we have compiled a selection of products to suit the ever-growing plant-based sector.
Delight your guests with some incredible vegan and vegetarian dishes this Christmas with our recipe inspiration guide below.
Needing finger food or starter options? We’ve got you covered! Check out our range including vegetable samosa’s, falafels and plant-based breaded nuggets. These are ideal if you are hosting parties at home, or as starter platters in a restaurant.
Fancy going all out? Why not cook up a delicious meal – try a lentil bake or a festive roll to really make sure your diners don’t miss out on those Christmassy dishes.
Featuring dried cranberries, cooked lentils, and a variety of spices, this festive bake is rich and filling. Serve alongside roast potatoes and seasonal vegetables.
Check out the BBC Good Food Recipe here.
Festive roll with Quorn diced pieces
Always one to impress, this festive roll includes Quorn diced pieces, mushrooms and chestnuts wrapped in a puff pastry.
- Heat 1 tbsp of vegetable oil in a pan
- Fry 1 medium, finely diced onion until soft
- Add 125g of diced mushrooms and 2 finely chopped cloves of garlic, and cook for 2-3 minutes
- Add in 2 tbsp of finely chopped fresh sage, and 440ml of dry cider – bring to the boil then simmer for 5-10 minutes until the liquid has reduced by half
- Next, add in 200g of Quorn pieces, 100g of roughly chopped chestnuts and 100ml of single cream
- Dissolve 2 tsp of cornflour in 2 tbsp of cold water, and add to the pan, stirring until the sauce thickens
- Remove from the heat to cool, and refrigerate for 30 minutes
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C
- Roll out 400g of ready to roll puff pastry into a rectangular shape, with 1/2 centimetre thickness
- Spoon the mixture into the centre of the pastry
- Fold one side of the pastry over to form a tube and tuck the edge firmly underneath. Fold in the ends and seal
- Beat an egg and brush the roll with egg wash
- Place on a greased baking tray and bake for 30-35 minutes, until golden brown
Baked squash with a mushroom nut stuffing
What’s more comforting than butternut squash? Stuffed to the brim with a mixture of mushrooms, chestnuts and walnuts, this vegan dish is perfect for a festive dinner.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C
- Cut the squash in half lengthways and remove the seeds
- Place on a baking tray and rub with olive oil, salt and pepper
- Bake in the oven for 1-2 hours, until tender inside and caramelised on the outside
- In a medium pan, fry 1 large chopped onion in 2 tbsp olive oil on a low heat until soft
- Add 4 minced garlic cloves and fry for a further minute
- Add 125g of finely chopped mushrooms and cook for 5-6 minutes until soft
- Add in 50g of crushed walnuts, 80g of cooked, chopped chestnuts and the remaining ingredients (1 tbsp tamari, 4 tbsp nutritional yeast, 1 tbsp vegan Worcester sauce, 1 tsp sea salt, black pepper, 1 tbsp maple syrup, 25g chopped dried cranberries)
- Stir to combine and cook for a further minute or so then set aside
- Once the squash is cooked, spoon the filling into the dips and top with fresh thyme and sea salt
With our huge range of fresh and frozen vegetables, the possibilities are endless to ensure your vegetarian and vegan guests do not miss out.
Finish off the meal with a sweet treat, including our vegan New York style cheesecake, devil’s food cake or chocolate and raspberry tart. Something to cater for everyone.
Explore our vegan and veggie Christmas range here.